Vegemite and Avocado Pinwheels
April's lunchbox recipe from Sarah Moore Wellness is an alternate take on pinwheels!
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread (we used Helga's Wholemeal Bread With Grains)
- 1 teaspoon vegemite
- 1/4 avocado, thinly sliced
- Remove the crusts from the bread and lay them together so the bottom edge of one slice slightly overlaps the top edge of the other.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the bread until it is thin and flat and the edges have sealed together
- Lightly spread the bread with vegemite
- Top with the slices of avocado, leaving a small gap along the top free for the bread to seal once rolled
- Roll bread from the bottom edge to the top to form a log and press down once rolled to seal the edge.
- Use a bread knife to cut the log into 4 pinwheels
TIP: Roast small cubes of vegetables for a sweet addition to the frittata. Peel the zucchini first if the kids don't like 'green' bits.
Then to round it out to a whole lunchbox meal, include:
- Vegemite and avocado pinwheels (the recipe)
- Pumpkin, onion and zucchini frittata squares
- Cherry tomatoes
- Greek yoghurt
- Hommus on celery