Love is the Answer- Kids Craft12 Apr 2018
Watercolours are our favourite paint medium at the moment. Let me tell you why!
They are easy to use easy, even easier to clean up and don’t stain your table or little fingers!
So head to Livingston Marketplace to get all your supplies (just follow the links) and create this “love”ly piece on your own or with your child.
Its the perfect fit for your home, just choose colours that match your décor.
The theme of “Love” is an easy one, but you could tweak the theme to whatever you like. It could be a word, name or just your favourite shapes in your favourite colours.
- A4 or A3 Piece of Watercolour Paper (we love Mont Marte Watercolour A3 Pad from Red Dot)
- Masking/Washi Tape*
- Water Colour Paints (our fav is the Micador set from Big W)*
- Ruler *
- Pencil *
- Circle Shape (like a jar or plate)
- Step 1: Take your piece of paper and place masking tape along each side of the paper. Find the centre of the page from the side as well as from the top and make a small "x" where the centre is.
- Step 2: In the top left and bottom right boxes, use your ruler to draw an “X” lightly with a pencil from corner to corner. Find a circle (I used a glitter jar) and place it in the middle of the top right and bottom left boxes. Trace lightly with a pencil.
- Step 3: Start painting. I just traced the pencil line for the “X” with my first colour of paint, making two “V”s rather than an “X”. Then I just continued the “V”s until they got smaller and smaller. When I reached the outer edge of the tape I was done.
- Step 4: Use a similar technique with the “O”. I started by tracing the pencil line “O” with my first colour of paint, then continued making circles with different colour going both inside and outside the first “O”.
- Step 5: Lastly, when the paint is dry, peel off the tape. This is the best part! It’s soooo satisfying.
Grab a frame from Big W and make sure you display your artwork in pride of place.
Kids art always looks so much better framed, these are a perfect gift for Mother’s Day or a grandparents birthday.